Pause to reflect…
What is important in life? Sure, we need to know ‘stuff,’ but it’s people and how we treat each other that matter more. It’s how we communicate and help each other. We can be trained in the tasks we want to learn, but it’s hard work to learn patience, caring, sharing, clear communication, working together.
Play to learn…
So the next time you, as teacher, get stuck in the hard spot where the skills must be taught, but the kids are in need, remember this awesome post by Susan and the Zach’s message.
Shouldn’t we teach all students as if they were Zach? In #openspokes we have been discussing what is important to teach our young people. I believe Zach’s message of hope is one all teachers as well as students can learn from. At the heart of teaching should be teaching from the heart and Zach tells us what is really important in life. As a school counsellor these are the lessons that really matter to me. Lessons like those from Zach that truly teach.
Zach is an amazing teacher. Here are some of his lessons:
- you don’t have to find out you are dying to start living
- most people live in the middle, but you don’t have to
- be empathetic and compassionate
- always look for the good in people
- things are OK when you believe in something greater
- what makes you happy is seeing someone else smile because you put it…
View original post 222 more words